Currently reading: Blizzcon 2017 Announcements – Opening Ceremony
Blizzcon 2017 Announcements – Opening Ceremony
Posted on 3rd November, 2017 - By Dan Whiteside
It’s the moment every Blizzard fan has been waiting for, the Blizzcon 2017 Announcements! The Opening ceremony has given us a glimpse of whats to come from one of my favourite Developers over the next year.
We posted our predictions last month about what we thought was going to be announced at this years Blizzcon. So here is a breakdown of everything we know so far, starting with my second home, World of Warcraft.
World of Warcraft Reveals
After Legion being one of the best expansions to date; we predicted another expansion to be revealed. Especially after all the logo leaks over on Reddit.
Here it is; what I have been waiting for the most, the latest content updates for Warcraft.
- World of Warcraft favourite ice cream is Vanilla – its finally happening! Holy Moly! World of Warcraft Classic has been revealed
- Classic server option added – no release date revealed
- New Shadow plushy added for disaster relief
- Over $15m donated through-out the years for charitable causes
- The new expansion has been revealed – Horde vs Alliance rivally back on the table again!
- Expansion named Battle for Azeroth
- Kul Tiras & Zandalar – new continents added
- New dungeons and raids added
- Plunder Uncharted Islands
- Dominate Warfronts
- New Allied Races – six new factions added
- Your faction matters!
- Intro cinematic released for Battle for Azeroth early!
This has to be the most anticipated of all Blizzcon 2017 Announcements.
Overwatch – Whats Next
We anticipated a new champion to add to the ever growing roster.
The reveals for Overwatch at this years Blizzcon are:
- Blizzard World, the newest map is revealed – It will be live early next year and will be on the PTR soon
- Hybrid map which is part assault and part payload
- New hero announced : Moira – a new support healer
- Cinematic for Moira to be revealed at the What’s Next Overwatch Panel
- Reinhardt origin cinematic revealed!
Hearthstone, Starcraft II & Heroes of the Storm Updates
With all the success of of the updates over the year, we thought this would carry on with similar updates.
The announcements this year:
- Starcraft II
- New co-op missions coming
- Starcraft II is going free to play! Starting from November 14th 2017
- Heroes of the Storm
- New cinematic featuring new Heroes: Hanzo from Overwatch, Alexstrasza the Life-Binder from World of Warcraft
- Big changes coming in-game such as voice chat, performance based match making, lane balancing and a rework to stealth mechanic
- Next month the next expansion is released: Kobolds & Catacombs
- New cards released such as Marin the Fo, Tolin’s Goblet, Cushing Wallsm, Gather Your Party, Dragon Soul (Legendary)
- Marin the Fox available for free from Monday 6th November for all that login to Heathstone
- 9 legendary weapon cards for all classes added
- The Dungeon Run – a new single player experience.It’s all about defeating bosses and collecting new cards for your deck – based on the rogue like concept and is completely free!
Diablo 3 – How Can We Forget?
I just wanted some content to make me want to play a game I’ve sank many hours into. Sadly Diablo 3 didn’t get any love in this years Blizzcon 2017 Announcements.
Please let us know what your thoughts are for this years reveals at Blizzcon. My predictions a few weeks ago were pretty much spot on!
Remember to stick with GoneFullGeek for your gaming fix.